Here’s what’s happening, A to Z. Details on all announcements are located on the ground-floor and main-level bulletin boards.
* IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS- Please click on the below image as the following information pertains to the newly-instituted system of registering for graduation online.
* GSSS Summer Course Schedules will be available sometime in March. Registration for these classes are slated to begin on March 21, 2011.
* Holiday Gift Card Drive- Sponsored by the Institute for Women & Girl's Student Group. Please click on the below flyers and provide the gift of holiday cheer to someone in need !
*GSSS Westchester Benefits Fair Notice- To clarify confusion around this event, GSSS Westchester students DO NOT have to travel down to the Lincoln Center Campus for the Policy Dept.'s Benefits Fair. The Westchester Campus will be jointly hosting a Benefits Fair on the same date & time: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Thank you.
* NASW Holiday Gathering with Fordham GSSS- For more information on this holiday party/farewell to Dean Jane Edwards, please click on the below invitation.
*Interfaith Council For Action, Inc. Thank You letter- To read this thank you letter addressed to the Fordham Westchester Community, please click on the below image.
* Canned Soup Collection- Sponsored by Dr. Marlowe's Social Justice Class. Please click on the below flyer to learn more about making a donation.
*UPDATED-GSSS Westchester Spring 2010 Class Scedules- Please click on the following images for Foundation & Advanced Year class offerings (Also available on www.fordham.edu/gss
--Student Resources--Class Schedules).
* NASW Whitney M. Young, Jr. Stipend for Social Action and Change- For more information on how to apply for this stipend, please view the following flyers.
* Candidate for Degree Cards- Please click on the below image for further details.
* Academic Advising for BGIN Students- For dates and times, please select the following image.
* Online LMSW Review Course- Please click on the below image for more details.
* Steps for Completing the NYS LMSW Examination- All GSSS alumni interested in beginning the application process for the LMSW Exam, please click on the following link:
* GSSS Academic Advising Tips- Please click on the below image for further details.
* Spring 2011 Registration- Please click on the below image for Westchester registration dates.
*My.Fordham Set Up Instructions/Fordham E-mail Information- Please click on the following flyer for instructions on how to set up your My.Fordham account.
*Fordham Forum at Westchester- Please click on the following image to find out more about our new free series on learning, discovering, and serving.
*UPDATED:GSSS Academic Calendar 2010-2011- Please click the following images for full review.
*Ethical Eye- This semester, a newsletter discussing ethics in social work practice -- the "ETHICAL EYE" -- will be published. Our first edition will include thoughts from faculty about ethics in social work practice. Subsequent issues, however, will involve YOU! We have established an anonymous web-based submission form for you to submit ethical dilemmas encountered in your practice for future publication and discussion.
Here's how it works:
1.) You experience a situation in your internship that you think involves ethical decision-making -- a client, for example, asks you to "keep a secret" but you are part of a treatment team; or your research project involves 5 year-old children and you wonder how you can ask for their consent to participate.
2.) You go to the web by clicking on Click Here to take survey and fill out the easy to follow submission guide.
3.) Your anonymous submission is read by a committee made up of an administrator, faculty from field, the Ethical Eye editor, and representatives from your student congress.
4.) The committee will then make a selection of scenarios from your submission to publish for our Fordham community. The publication will include responses from selected faculty and students, creating a community dialogue.
SHARPEN YOUR FOCUS-BE A PART OF THE "ETHICAL EYE"
*Attention Left-handed GSS Students: Receive a desktop palette for right-handed desks today! The following attachment, meant for those who experience awkwardness taking notes on right-handers' deskstops, may be obtained in room 147. Contact: Grant Grastorf, (914) 367-3202 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Student Congress – Congress is composed of 1 to 3 students from each integrative seminar. Please consider volunteering.
This Week at GSS
*Parking permits – Register for your parking permit today on your My.Fordham account. Upon completing the online form located in your Student tab, your permit will be sent to you through the mail. A fee of $110 will be added to your account. Please note that this permit is good for the full academic year.
*Student ID cards are delivered to Henry Davis, room 106A, if you mailed your photo to Fordham. Otherwise, visit room 13G on the ground level to secure your card.
Please click on the following flyers to learn more about what's going on in your community.
Student to Student
Coordinator of Career Services, Westchester Campus, Linda White-Ryan, email@example.com